Vaginal Rejuvenation Long Island
Many women suffer unpleasant vaginal effects from aging, childbirth, and other challenges. Vaginal rejuvenation with a laser is designed to restore vaginal tissues to full health and functionality without invasive surgeries.
Over time, vaginal tissues can become lax and lose some of their elasticity and youthfulness. This can cause a variety of issues, including:
- Laxness of tissues
- Reduced moisture
- Pain or discomfort with sexual intercourse
- Reduced sexual pleasure and response
- Urinary incontinence or dribbling
Using a CO2 laser with a handheld wand, plastic surgeons can reduce or eliminate these issues, tightening and rejuvenating the area.
How Does Vaginal Tightening Work?
Laser therapy using Fraxel CO2 lasers releases a controlled amount of energy and heat to the targeted area. This stimulates the body to heal itself and produce new, more functional cells. Cells begin to produce more collagen, the substance that makes our tissues firm and elastic. In addition, lasers increase circulation to the area, allowing for healthier cells. The result is more youthful tissues which have better integrity. This can decrease dryness and atrophy, increase sexual pleasure, and even reduce unpleasant symptoms such as incontinence.
CO2 laser therapy on the vagina can be used both internally and externally. It is completely safe when used by an experienced plastic surgeon.
There are several benefits to choosing this therapy over types of vaginal rejuvenation. These include:
- Non-surgical therapy that usually takes less than an hour
- Minimally invasive, requiring very little recovery and downtime
- Resolution of vaginal dryness, irritation, and other age-related symptoms
- Tightening of vaginal tissue, reducing laxness while improving function
- Improvement of resolution of urinary incontinence
- Restoration of sexual pleasure and function
What to Expect from Vaginal Rejuvenation
We perform vaginal rejuvenation with a C02 laser at our surgical center in Great Neck, New York, on Long Island’s Gold Coast. A wand is used to deliver targeted laser energy for vaginal rejuvenation. The procedure is minimally invasive and completely pain-free, so there is no need for any kind of anesthesia. There is no downtime and most people immediately return to their normal activity. However, we suggest that patients wait 3-4 days to have vaginal intercourse.
Vaginal Rejuvenation with 360 Degree Laser
Wand is Pain Free & Efficient
Non-Invasive Vaginal Rejuvenation
Stimulates Collagen and Elastine
Am I a Candidate for Laser Revitalization?
There are very few contraindications for this procedure because it is minimally invasive and low risk. In general, people who qualify for this procedure suffer from one or more of the following symptoms:
- Changes in vaginal tightness and integrity
- Pain, irritation, or rashes in the area, especially after exercise or sexual activity
- Vaginal dryness or chafing
- Decreased libido or sexual response
- Discomfort during intercourse
- Urinary incontinence
- Dissatisfaction with the appearance of the genitals or embarrassment in wearing revealing clothing
Are You Ready for a Consultation?
If you are curious about whether this procedure is right for you, it is time to make an appointment for a consultation. New York body specialist Dr. Shain Cuber performs these consultations with a female nurse present at all times. Dr. Cuber can review your concerns, discuss different treatment options, and help you to make an educated decision about your next steps.
If you are considering a vaginal rejuvenation or other procedure, please call our office at 516-773-2424 or complete our online scheduling form. Our patient care specialists are ready to speak to you today about your unique goals and needs.